PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

I am officially IN LOVE! with SpringPad!


Who couldn’t use a little more organization?! This site I just learned about from Brandie at Free Sample Freak named SpringPad is awesome!

At the site you can take a recipe that you like from ANY website, blog, etc. and save it in your SpringPad! You can even edit ingredients, add notes, videos, etc. for your recipes.

Once you add the recipes you like, you can tell SpringPad to generate an ingredient list - and you can check off which ingredients (including quantity/amount) to your shopping list!

Being a total skeptic when something sounds just too good to be true, I tried it out using this recipe from Kraft foods that will allow me to use up some of the seemingly massive amount of shredded cheese I've accumulated lately (and sound like something yummy my family will enjoy).

Yep, you can cut and paste the url for any recipe you find on line and it will capture the entire recipe. (You can also type in your own favorites from your own collection.) You can arrange them any way you want to.

You can also keep track of foods/recipes you'd like to try, wines you have on hand or are interested in learning more about, businesses (like local restaurants, service stations, etc.) AND a contact list including phone numbers, addresses, emails, blogs, etc.

Also, if you have a phone with apps, you can get a FREE app from SpringPad and check out your recipes, contact's phone numbers or addresses or the name of that wine you've been wanting to try on your cell while you are shopping!

SpringPad even has a button you can add to your browser bar so you can automatically add information to your SpringPad.

I can't wait to try this out!! All my information in one place! Hmmm, now I'll have to ask for an iPhone for my birthday so I can be completely connected to my info, wherever I am!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
Blessings, andrea