PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Free Saturday Outdoor Activity For Nature Lovers

Join the Richmond Tree Stewards at different locations around town each Saturday in April for a free tree walk in celebration of ArborDay.

April 7 Forest Hill Park 10am-2pm – Includes treasure hunts, tree climbing, and other kids activities

April 14 Carillon in Byrd Park 2:15pm – Will be preceded by a Tree Academy from 10am-2pm ($40 fee, register in advance). The walk at 2:15 is free and open to everyone

April 21 Bryan Park 10am-noon – Meet at Shelter 1

April 28 Capitol Square 10am-11am – Meet at the Bell TowerDonations are appreciated.

No comments: