PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Sunday, March 20, 2011

CVS Today = 57% savings!

I'm really on a "savings roll" this weekend! After church today we made a trip to CVS where I saved 57% off my total! Here's how I did it:

4 bottles of Nature Made Supplements @ buy one get one free (plus two $2.00 off coupon)
1 box Slim fast shakes - $.50 off coupon
1 bag Kibbles N Bits dry dog food - $2.00 off coupon
2 bags candy @ buy one get one free (CVS $1.00 off coupon from card scanner at the front of the store & an additional $1.00 coupon)

Plus I used $10.00 Extra Bucks from my visit last week and a 20% off entire purchase coupon I received in the mail as my quarterly Extra Bucks reward!

Total merchandise cost: $80.39. I paid: $34.52.

No comments: