PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Friday, November 18, 2011

Frugal Family Dinner

Tonight my husband, son and I went out to eat at Silver Diner. They have a great new menu, but the prices have increased a bit so we really got creative to save 35% on our dinner bill.

We used a $5 off coupon we received via email for being a Silver Diner Rewards Club member (a great perk to belonging to the club is the 'random' coupons we receive periodically in addition to a free meal (including dessert) on your birthday.

Then we had two "free milk shake or dessert" coupons my son and I received the last time we ate there and each filled out a survey.

Our initial bill was $49.40
free milkshake - $5.69 (son)
free dessert - $5.89 (husband)
coupon - $5.00

Total bill: $33.85

Not bad! A little over $10 each and we were all full and happy!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome! I am glad you guys had a great night out.

Hugs, love, and lots of prayers,
andrea

Sew What! said...

Sounds like a great evening! LOVE to get FREE stuff!

Blessings~
Laura