PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Record savings @ Kroger and more stockpiling


Today I achieved my personal best savings at Kroger: 58%!

Here's how I did it today:
Coupons:
$1 on 3 Gen Mills Cereals (Also part of buy 4 save $3) (limit rewards per transaction)
$1 on 3 Nature Valley or Fiber One bars (Also part of buy 4 save $3)
$.50 on Pillsbury Refrigerator Pie Crusts (doubled)
2 - $.35 on Bob Evans Refrigerated Side Dishes (both doubled) - on sale for 2/$6
$1 on 2 Idahoan Potatoes (on sale 10/$10)
$.60 on 3 Green Giant FrozenBox Vegetables (on sale for 10/$10)
2 - $1.00 on 2 Reddi Whip (on sale for $2/$4)
$1 on 1 Digorno Rising Crust Pizza (on sale for $5.50)
$1 on Kroger Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies(on sale for 2/$5) (got this coupon and part of my Bzz campaign)
Buy 3 Stove Top Stuffing, receive $.75 on next shopping order
I also earned a second frozen turkey at $.39/lb for spending $25 (one per transaction)

Tuesday is senior day (I'm barely eligible!) so I got an additional 5% off my total order.

My register total: $113.18 - I paid $66.46 - for a total saving of 58%! Woo Hoo!

Stockpile Items this trip: Stove Top Stuffing, cereal

Of course I used my Kroger 123Rewards Visa Card and earned points toward a Kroger gift card.

Have you made a comment on my previous post to receive a $1 off Kroger The Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies?

Have you started stockpiling to save money and time?

No comments: