PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Big Stockpiling Step

Can you say 50% off?! Kroger has many 50% off items this week - from frozen vegetables, Kroger frozen breakfast sandwiches (just as good as McDonalds!), salad dressing, hot chocolate mix and so much more! They also had a huge meat sale plus lots of other "regular" sale items.

Kroger is also still running the P&G buy 4 items, get $4 back at checkout!

What a great way to kick off stockpliling in 2012!

We stocked up on:
Spaghetti sauce
frozen vegetables
hamburger helper
beef roast, pork loin, ground turkey, boneless, skinless chicken breast
English muffins
frozen breakfast sandwiches
salad dressing
pasta

We paired many of the 50% off items with coupons to add to the savings. My husband started the shopping trip and called for reinforcements when I got off work. Working together saved us lots of time and our bottom line was about a 43% savings!

Tomorrow I'll be making a trip to Target to buy 10 Smart Ones with the $10 Target gift card my husband got for buying my Kindle there at Christmas. I'll stack the $3 off 10 Target coupon and the $3 off ten manufacturer coupon. I'll get a $5 Target gift card for buying 10 Smart Ones.

Final price for 10 Smart Ones will be $18.90 minus $6 (stacked coupons) = $13.90; minus $10 gift card = $3.90. Plus I'll walk away with $5 gift card. That equals: moneymaker!

My son had started an inventory of pantry items over the weekend. Tonight I used the shopping list to update the list, adding meats, frozen foods, bread and crackers. The lists will be posted and strict instructions have been issued: If you use it, mark it off the list.

Next step: plan menus based on my stockpiled items!

No comments: