PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Sunday, January 1, 2012

CVS Stockpiling - Extra Bucks and Donating Food

Besides Kroger, my two favorite stores are CVS and Target. I don't buy too many groceries at Target, but they do allow coupon stacking, so if I have to run by there anyway, I'll try to bring along a few coupons. They have terrific customer service too.

I like CVS because they offer Extra bucks on many items and a good variety of products. I also like scanning my CVS card at the kiosk in the front of the store to get "instant" coupons and free items.

This week, with four coupon inserts (I bought 2 papers) and 2 inserts we received in a weekly delivery of a local newspaper, I'm really going to stock up on a couple of items and save money in general on some items I need.

Here's my plan for CVS:

Transaction 1) Buy 2 Colgate toothpaste, get $2 Extra bucks, use 2 $1 off coupons

Kellogg's Special K cereal, bars, crackers, chips - 3/$10 with card; plus receive $4 extrabucks reward on 3 and use $1 off 3 coupon or $1 off 2 coupon

Use $6 extrabucks from transaction #1 for

Transaction 2) Nature Made Vitamins - Buy one Get One free: I'm going to use 1 $1 off multivitamins, 1 $1 off B vitamins, 1 $1 off vitamin D .
2a) Clairol Nice N Easy colorblend foam, $3 off
2b) Slimfast 2/$9, use 3 coupons Buy one Get one free
2c) Pringles - 2 for $3 - use 1 $1 off 4 coupon
2d) Chef Boyardee canned pastas - 10/$10 - 2 $1 off 5 coupons
2e) Bayer Aspirin - Buy one Get one 50% off - 1 $1 off 1 coupon
2f) Snack pudding - 10/$10 - 2 $1 off 5 coupons
2g) Swiffer refills $8.99 - 1 $1 off coupon
2h) Fiber One cereal - 2/$6 - 2 $.75 off coupons

We're going to donate some of the canned pastas and pudding to a local food bank. One of the benefits of saving money, is that is gives the opportunity to share with others.

No comments: