PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Frugal Weight Loss Challenge & CVS score!

I was pleasantly surprised by two things during my trip to CVS yesterday! When I scanned my card at the kiosk, I received a $3 extra bucks coupon (didn't realize I had earned any!) that I applied to my first transaction. I also received a coupon for $1 off CVS brand cold medication ($5 or more) and $2 off Breathe Right Nasal Strips! I had added both of these items at the last minute to my shopping list as they were requested by family members!

I ended up saving 34% on my first transaction and over 65% on my second transaction!

The other surprise is that I met a very sweet lady in CVS with both CVS and Kroger sale fliers and an envelope of coupons. (A kindred spirit!) She looked a little overwhelmed and I don't remember how we struck up a conversation, but we chatted about how to maximize savings -- I shared some of the great tips I've learned from other bloggers. I gave her my blog link, so I hope she'll stop by and let me know how she did! I was thrilled to help out a "newbie" and pay it forward.

Finally, I'm excited that Stockpiling Moms is hosting a Frugal Weight Loss Challenge. Click on the link to learn how to join up! Check back often to learn how I'm doing! I opted for losing 10 pounds in 6 weeks. Hopefully, I'll do even better, but I want to be healthy--and realistic!

Do you have weight loss goals for 2012? Join the challenge! It won't cost you a penny and you'll receive encouragement AND accountability!

Just Be Frugal,
Mary

No comments: