Each February, the American Dental Association (ADA) sponsors National Children's Dental Health Month to raise awareness about the importance of oral health. In most cities, free dental services are provided to children as a "Give Kids a Smile Day" on the first Friday in February. This year, Give Kids a Smile Day is Friday, February 5.
To find out if there is a Give Kids a Smile program in your area, click HERE.
The American Dental Association offers:
Here's a list of free "dental health activities" to download, offered by the American Dental Health Association:
While we cannot promise that free care will be available for your child, we can direct you to clinics closest to your home where help may be available. In some cases, a fee may be involved depending upon your ability to pay.
To find dentists in your state who participate in State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP) and Medicaid, visit the Insure Kids Now Web site or call the Insure Kids Now hotline at 1-877-KIDS NOW.
- Eye Spy! Activity | English PDF/180k
- Maze Activity | English PDF/148k
- Floss Lasso | English PDF/84k
- Sudoku | English PDF/132k
- Secret Drawing Activity | English PDF/604k
- Tooth Anatomy | English PDF/124k | Spanish PDF/128k
- How to Floss | English PDF/80k | Spanish PDF/84k
- How to Brush | English PDF/96k | Spanish PDF/84k
- Flossy's Big Book of Dental Trivia | English PDF/140k | Spanish PDF/136k
- Board Game | English PDF/168k | Spanish PDF/176k
- Crossword Puzzle | English PDF/140k | Spanish PDF/148k
- What's Missing? Game | English PDF/380k | Spanish PDF/384k
- It's Math Time Game | English PDF/140k | Spanish PDF/148k
- See and Say Activity | English PDF/168k | Spanish PDF/156k
- McGrinn Twins Coloring Sheet | English PDF/172k | Spanish PDF/172k
- McGrinn Twins Calendar | English PDF/140k | Spanish PDF/152k
- Healthy Smile Certificate | English PDF/80k | Spanish PDF/80k
If you are an adult seeking free or low/cost dental care, click HERE to locate a (medical and/or) dental health center near you. This website is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. You can search by address, city, state or zip code to find a conveniently located center where you an receive care (including the option to get a map to the center).