PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Monday, January 25, 2010

Frugal Find: Clothespins!

I'm always looking for low tech, low cost ways to teach important concepts to children, to decorate my house, and generally make my life a little easier. That's why I just love clothespins. Clothespins are one of the most versatile and inexpensive inventions ever made! You can purchase a package of twenty clothespins at a local "Everything's A Dollar" store. That places clothespins in the low cost category.

Clothespins, and just about anything else you might need or want, can generally be found at the dollar store. I've purchased everything from cleaning supplies, to silk flowers, to gift bags, and frozen foods. You really ought to check you local dollar store-you'll be hooked, too!

Refrigerator Magnet

Just attach a small magnet to the back of a clothespin and stick it up on the front of the refrigerator. Craft stores have magnets in all shapes and sizes. Some of the magnets are backed with glue and you can just peel and stick one to the back of the clothespin. You can also hot glue a small magnet strip to the clothespin. If you desire, you can paint the clothespin to match your kitchen décor. Use the clothespin magnet to hold your grocery list. As you run out of items, add them to the list; and even other family members can help keep the list updated. (OK, that might be a stretch!)

Chip Clip

Yes, those plastic "chip clips" you see in all the stores are cute. They are available in all sizes and colors and shapes. Let's be honest, though. Does anybody really see those clips? Aren't they in the cabinet on a bag of chips? Wooden clothespins work just as well, and they don't break! Clothespins are more heavy duty than those plastic clips. Clothespins can also be used to seal up cereal bags and snack items. I use clothespins to keep big bags of frozen vegetables sealed up in my freezer.

Hang Clothes and Artwork in Children's Room

Finish reading this article at Associated Content: Clothespin Creativity - Beyond the Clothesline.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Another great post from a great friend.
Blessings, andrea