PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Cleaning My Pantry cont'd

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was "spring cleaning" my pantry. I also talked about how I was going to use up some of the items -- to save money as well as clear out space.

This week I did, indeed, make a double batch of Chicken Enchilada Casserole (using previously hidden cream of mushroom soup, crumbled up tortilla chips). I froze a batch for later consumption. It was a hit as we had not had it in quite a long time. I'm going to make a double batch of macaroni and cheese tomorrow. My husband made a big batch of spaghetti and I even made he and my son a huge pan of Rice Krispy treats.

This evening I made pumpkin bread (using pumpkin that was frozen last fall and flour and chopped nuts formerly hidden in the pantry).

The weather has been so nice today I'm yearning to get my vegetables planted.

1 comment:

RCUBEs said...

Everything sounded yummy! Just want to greet you a happy Resurrection day. God bless you sister.