PhotobucketWhy Be Frugal?

I consider frugality an art form and a religious conviction. I learned about paying cash for purchases, recycling and reusing just about everything and being generous to friends and those in need from my parents.

My faith instructs me all things are gifted by God and so I am compelled to be a good steward of my gifts. [The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. Psalm 115:16]

Photobucket

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lord Help Me, I've Got Too Much Debt!

Are you struggling with debt? Most of us don't intend to get buried in it. It seems as if it just happens over time. We charge something, fully intending to pay off the balance on pay day. Then something comes up - an emergency expenditure.

When the credit card bill comes, we don't have enough to pay off the balance so we pay only the minimum due. Then next month, we need to repair a car or pay an unexpected medical bill and we don't have the cash so we charge it.

Pay day comes, and now the balance has grown on the card, but we still pay the minimum due. Over time, the balance grows. When we max out the card, we apply for another card - applications arrive almost daily in the mail, don't they!?

At some point, we realize we need to get out of debt. But we don't know how. We don't even know where to begin. I'm not an expert. But I came across a common-sense, easy to apply way to begin the journey to being debt free.

Check out the details at my Frugal Friday's post at Life Coaching for Christian Women.

No comments: